How to delete a contact on iPhone
When you delete a contact from your smartphone, it is deleted forever. When you delete a contact from your email account, it is also deleted permanently from any devices that are logged in to that email account.
To get rid of contact, follow these steps:
- To delete a contact, go to Contacts and press it.
- Select Edit from the menu options.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press Delete Contact, then confirm by tapping Delete Contact again.
How to delete multiple contacts on iPhone
To delete multiple contacts, follow these steps:
- Log in to iCloud.com using your Apple ID and password from a computer (not a mobile device).
- Select Contacts from the main page.
- Hold the Control key on your Mac to choose the contacts you want to delete.
- Select other contacts to delete by scrolling down.
- At the bottom left of the screen, select the Settings icon.
- Choose Delete.
- Confirm your selection by selecting Delete in the box.
How to delete all contacts on iPhone
- On your iPhone, go to the Phone or Contacts app.
- If you’re using the Phone app, go to the bottom and hit Contacts.
- In the top left corner, tap Groups.
- Uncheck all of the accounts if you wish to delete all of your contacts.
- Your whole contact list will vanish.
How to delete messages on iPhone
You may delete messages and whole conversations from the Messages app. A deleted chat cannot be recovered.
Delete a message
- Tap More after touching and holding a message bubble.
- Tap the Delete button after selecting the message bubbles you want to remove.
Delete a conversation
- Swipe left on the conversation in your Messages list.
- Select Delete.
How to delete search history on iPhone
To clear information from your device, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Safari and press Clear History and Website Data to clear your history and cookies. Safari will not affect your AutoFill information if you clear your history, cookies, or browsing data.
- Go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then press Remove All Website Data to erase your cookies while keeping your history.
- Turn private browsing on or off to visit websites without leaving a history.
How to delete calendar events on iPhone
- Open the Calendar app on your phone.
- Locate the event you want to delete.
- At the bottom of the event page, hit Delete Event.
- If the event is repeating, a pop-up box will appear asking if you want to delete the entire series or just one instance. If you want to delete all future events, tap “Delete All Future Events.”
If you simply want to delete this instance of the event and want the next one to show up in your calendar, select “Delete This Event Only.”