There are several ways for Android users to transfer their contacts to an iPhone. They may do so by utilizing Apple’s Move to iOS software, which was created particularly to assist you in transferring your data. When you’re setting up your iPhone, you may utilize this app. Users may also utilize a shared Google account, manually upload contacts via a VCF file, or transfer contacts to your iPhone via the SIM card.
Using Move to iOS app
- On your Android phone, go to the Google Play store and download the Move to iOS app.
- To continue, open the app and tap Continue.
- Terms & Conditions will appear on the screen. Select Agree from the drop-down menu.
- The software will then request access to your location, contacts, calendar, storage, and SMS, which you must accept.
- Continue from the Find Your Code screen. You’ll be prompted to input a code after that.
- Switch to your iPhone and look for the Move Data from Android option during the setup procedure. On it, tap.
- You’ll be given a ten- or six-digit code. This code should be entered into your Android phone.
- A Transfer Data page should now appear, asking you to pick the content you want to transfer. Select Contacts, as well as any other data you wish to transfer, and then press Next.
- Allow both devices to sit idle until your iPhone’s loading bar disappears.
- To end the setup procedure, hit Done on your Android phone or Continue on your iPhone once the loading bar has finished.
Using Google account
- Make sure your contacts are synchronized with your Google account first. To do so, go to your Android phone’s Settings. Make sure you have a working internet connection as well.
- Tap on your Google account in Accounts, which is located at the bottom of the page.
- To sync only the contacts, go to Account sync and touch on the three dots menu to sync everything, or change the Contacts toggle to off and back on to sync just the contacts.
- Go to the Settings section of your iPhone.
- After that, touch on Accounts and then on Mail.
- Tap Add Account and sign in with the same Google account that you used on your Android phone. Check to see if the Contacts toggle is on.
- You should now be able to see your Android contacts on your iPhone.
Using the VCF file method
- Go to the Contacts app on your Android phone.
- To pick the Import/export option, tap the gear symbol or three dots menu.
- You should see two options here; select Export to. vcf file from the list. These choices may vary depending on the Android phone.
- This will save your contacts as a VCF file in your phone’s storage.
- Send this file to your iPhone using iTunes or by mailing it to yourself and downloading it using the same email account on your iPhone. You can transfer a VCF file to your iPhone in a number of different methods, which you can learn about in this article.
- You should see an option to Add all contacts when you open the VCF file. It should be tapped.
- On your iPhone, your contacts should appear.
Using SIM card
- Go to the Contacts app on your Android phone and touch the gear icon or the three dots menu.
- Select the SIM card you’ll be using in your iPhone from the SIM card contacts menu if you have a dual-SIM phone.
- Select Import from the phone from the three-dot menu.
- You’ll be prompted to select which contacts you’d want to move to your phone. You may either choose all contacts or pick them individually using the select all option. Then press Done.
- Remove the SIM card and insert it into your iPhone after the process is complete.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and select Contacts.
- Wait for the procedure to finish before tapping on Import SIM Contacts.
- Your iPhone should now display your contacts.