If you input the erroneous passcode on your iPhone Lock Screen too many times, your iPhone will be deactivated. You’ll need to use a computer to put your iPhone in recovery mode if you can’t recall your passcode when you try again. This procedure erases all of your data and settings, including your passcode, allowing you to re-setup your iPhone.
Follow these steps:
Step 1: Make that you have access to a computer (Mac or PC)
This procedure necessitates the use of a Mac or PC. If you’re using a PC, check sure it has Windows 8 or newer installed, as well as iTunes. To connect your iPhone to the computer, you’ll need the cable that came with it or another suitable cable.
If you don’t have access to a computer and are unable to borrow one, you must seek assistance from an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Step 2: Switch off your iPhone
If your iPhone is attached to your computer, disconnect it. Use the procedure that applies to your iPhone model to turn it off.
Step 3: Set your iPhone to recovery mode.
- Find the button on your iPhone that you’ll need to hold in the following step and get ready:
- The Side button is used on iPhone X and later, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus.
- The Volume down button is used in the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- The Home button is used on the iPhone SE (1st generation) and iPhone 6s and prior.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer by pressing and holding the appropriate button on your iPhone. Keep your grip on the button.
- Hold the button down until your iPhone displays the recovery mode screen, then release it.
Step 4: Restore your iPhone
- Find your iPhone in Finder or iTunes on the computer to which it is attached.
- When the option to Restore or Update appears, select Restore. Your computer begins the recovery procedure by downloading software for your iPhone. Allow the download to complete before turning off your iPhone and starting again if it takes more than 15 minutes and your device departs the recovery mode screen.
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, then set it up and use it.